conditions of entry
Patrons must comply with all laws, regulations, directions and rules issued by government or any government authority or by Melbourne & Olympic Parks (M&OP) while in AAMI Park or on surrounding M&OP property.
For the comfort, safety and enjoyment of all patrons, staff and event participants, and/or pursuant to the Major Sporting Events Act 2009 entry to the Stadium is subject to the following Conditions of Entry:
All items will be visually inspected by our staff on entry.
The following items are not permitted in the Stadium:
- Illegal substances, including controlled, dangerous or illicit drugs
- Incendiary devices, including flares, fireworks and smoke bombs
- Firearms and explosives, chemical, radioactive or biological substances
- Laser lights
- Animals (other than assistance dogs)
- Bicycles, scooters, skateboards and rollerblades/ skates
- Professional cameras, audio recording devices or video cameras
- Camera Tripods and detachable lenses above 300mm
- Glass (including bottles) or cans, metal or hard plastic containers (eskis), including metal water bottles and plastic bottles over 750ml
- Large flags/banners exceeding 1.6m
- Unauthorised advertising material or flyers
- Musical instruments
- Any large item that cannot be placed under a seat; and
- Any other item that in the opinion of M&OP management, could cause harm or public nuisance.
- Umbrellas may be taken into the Stadium, but may not be opened within the Stadium.
- Prams and pushers are permitted into the Stadium, however, must be able to fit safely under your seat without impeding access.
- Laptops may be taken into the Stadium, but may not be used within the Stadium and must be stored in your bag.
Flags & Banners
Flag poles exceeding 1.6 metre in length are considered prohibited items and are not permitted into the Stadium.
Such flag poles must either be surrendered and cloaked or taken back to the patron’s vehicle. The following items are also not permitted into the Stadium;
- Large banners taking up more than the patron’s seat
- Flags and banners that may cause offence
- Flags or banners that conflict with Stadium or event sponsors
A hirer may also impose further restrictions on the types of permitted flags or banners.
For sporting events at AAMI Park, any item or bag that is too large to fit under a seat must not be brought into the venue and a limit of one bag per person applies.
For all other events at AAMI Park, backpacks and other large bags are not permitted and all other bags should be A4 in size or smaller.
Smoking and/or vaping is not permitted inside AAMI Park or within 10 metres of the external doors.
Should you wish to smoke or vape, please do so via the designated areas on the external concourse.
The Stadium is licensed and as such, the following provisions apply:
- Alcoholic beverages must not be taken into or from the Stadium.
- Intoxicated persons will be refused entry/ evicted from the Stadium.
- Alcohol may only be consumed in designated areas.
- Alcohol may not be permitted inside the Auditorium at some events.
- It is an offence for minors to purchase or consume alcohol, or for a person to supply alcohol to a Minor.
- Breaches of these laws may result in eviction from the Stadium and the persons being reported to the Police (penalties apply under the Liquor Control Reform Act 1998).
Tickets, mobile or hard-copy, must be retained at all times.
Any tickets that are damaged, defaced or have been purchased from an unauthorised ticketing agent will not permit the holder to be admitted to the Stadium.
Patrons must only occupy the seats specified on their ticket.
Patrons who have purchased a concessional ticket for an event must be able to provide valid proof of concession (i.e. proof of age identification or concession card) upon entry into the Stadium or when requested.
Restrictions On Entry
M&OP management reserves the right to:
- Refuse entry to any person;
- Inspect any bags, clothing or other items at entry point or within the Stadium at any time.
Ejection From Stadium
A person may be liable for prosecution or a fine or may be ejected from the Stadium where that person:
- Uses foul or abusive language or makes racial or threatening remarks or gestures;
- Is deemed by Stadium management to be displaying offensive, disorderly or unlawful behaviour;
- Enters the Stadium or other restricted internal area without proper authorisation; or
- Fails to comply with these conditions of entry or a lawful request from Stadium staff.
- No ticket refund will be paid to any person who is ejected from the Stadium. It is an offence for a person to re-enter the Stadium for a period of 24 hours after being ejected from the Stadium.
- Persons under 12 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times within the Stadium.
- By entering the Stadium patrons agree for their image, likeness or voice to be used as part of any recording of the event.
- Patrons are advised that the Stadium is fitted with electronic surveillance and patrons may be filmed in any area of the Stadium.
- Patrons enter the Stadium at their own risk. Melbourne and Olympic Parks Trust (the Trust) has no liability whatsoever for any damaged, lost or stolen property nor for any other loss, damage or injury suffered by any patron, whether in contract, tort or statutory liability to the full extent permitted by law.
- In addition to the matters set out above, the Trust may exercise any rights granted under the Major Sporting Events Act 2009 (Vic) or other legislation or regulations pertaining to the Stadium.